We often find ourselves investing is super expensive multi-vitamins and advanced dietry solutions to keep healthy & trim but the truth could be staring us right in the face. So ask yourself, are you nuts to spend so much money on this cr@p when the secret of a long life sits in a humble handful of nuts.
So it’s simple really folks, if you want to live longer, then chow down on some pistachios, peanuts and cashews ASAP. This fantastic article by David Derbyshire outlines everything you need to know about living a nutty life.
Here are the highlights:
- The findings are the result of a 20 year investigation into the lifestyles of more than 119,000 people.
- It showed that those who snacked on nuts seven times a week were a fifth less likely to die during the period of the study.
- Nuts are packed with cancer-fighting antioxidants (molecules which help the body fight disease and protect cells from damage)
- Nuts loaded with essential minerals such as copper, zinc, iron, magnesium (which help protect against memory loss and with the prostate) and manganese, which are all needed for organs to function effectively.
- They are an exceptionally good source of vitamins E and B, and ooze omega 3 fatty acids.
- Eating the skins of nuts like almonds to get the most benefit because they are dense in nutrients.
- While nuts are fatty, they mostly contain ‘good’ fats which can — in moderation — reduce the risk of strokes and heart disease.
Enjoy the article and stay healthy everybody!
People who regularly snack on peanuts live longer according to study
Announcement result of 20 year investigation involving 119,000 people
Nuts of all kinds found to be ‘as close as you can get’ to a superfood
Why we should all go nuts for nuts: From pecans to peanuts, they help you live longer, stave off cancer – and even improve your memory.