Well it’s that time of the year again where we decide to make some changes to better ourselves and our quality of life by making resolutions for the new year. So here’s a look at what I’ve tabbed as my 10 resolutions for 2014.
1. Sleep – It’s so important to get a good amount of sleep for your mind and body. I usually get about 6 hours of sleep a night starting work before most start their day. I’ll get to sleep earlier so I can get at least 7 hours of sleep.
2. Social Networking – I know it’s the times and important for business, but I want to do less casual social networking on Facebook/Instagram and keep it simple. I find it takes up a lot of time that gets wasted when I can be more productive. I’ll post less.
3. Meditation – I often do walking meditation when I’m with my dog. But I want to do some yoga/stretching based meditation to relax the mind and body. I’ve neglected this aspect and I think it will help improve a healthy mind, body, and soul. I’ll stretch 15 minutes a day.
4. Negativity – I’m often eager to accept people for who they are and give them the benefit of the doubt. I look for the good in people. I want to continue doing so, but be more conscious when there is a negativity surrounding someone that will only bring you down with them and cut them loose. Selfishness is something people have to change on their own and I won’t be an enabler to their downfall.
5. Cleanliness – I’m pretty clean and keep things in order but can let things slide from time to time. I want to get back to cleaning and organizing all of my life on a weekly basis. At least once a week and good house clean and car cleaning.
6. Nature – I’m surrounded by so much beauty here in Colorado. I want to get out and about and experience more of the natural beauty. Go on hikes. Venture out to 14’ers and camping trips. I will hike a 14’er (14,000 foot plus mountain) in 2014.
7. Communication – I will call my parents more and cut back on text messaging. I don’t usually call and prefer text messaging. I want to be better about staying in touch with family and friends via phone calls.
8. Cut cost – I want to make a better effort to save money. I do a good job of cooking and not eating out. I’m spending less on clothes and other things. But for 2014, I will save more and add more such as $100 more a month into savings and my Roth IRA.
9. Reading – I’m at my best when I’m reading good self improvement/motivating books. I want to read a book once a month compared to my usual one a year.
10. Let go – Most importantly for the new year is to let go of the past, forgive, and move on to a positive now and a brighter future. Lots of great things ahead and enough to focus on now, not the past.
Regardless if you have seen Taber on one of 6 Men’s Health covers or numerous TV commercials around the world, one thing you won’t forget if you ever get a chance to meet him in person ….. his passion for fitness and making other people feel good. This ex pro baseball player has lived in cities all over the world but currently calls Parker, Colorado home.
Today Taber’s goal is to grow his personal training practice and help his clients lose weight, body fat and help pave the way for a healthy lifestyle. You may even see Taber on TV real soon as a host of one of the world’s biggest reality shows!
To learn more about Taber please see: